Carolina Power Washing, LLC, Terms & Conditions
Thank you for hiring us to take care of your power washing needs. By accepting the terms and conditions below, you are forming a legally binding contract for services to be provided in exchange for the payment quoted, subject to paragraph 5 below. These terms and conditions are downloadable and printable at the time of acceptance and are available on our website.
- Our pricing is based on coming onsite one time – therefore, your cooperation is essential. We will not be able to clean your home if any of the following conditions are not met:
- All exterior electrical outlets and wires must be properly covered and breakers to exterior outlets must be turned off.
- All windows and doors must be closed and locked.
- All exterior decorative items (wreaths, flags, planters, outdoor electronics, etc.) that you do not wish to get wet must be removed.
- All vehicles must be moved from driveway.
- We must have clear access to your hose bib. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that the water is on and working prior to arrival. You specifically authorize us to use your on-site water supply without compensation.
- CPW will need access to all sides of the home to be washed, including backyards. Homeowners with enclosed fences will need to allow access by leaving their gate unlocked.
- If CPW has to return to your home due to one of the above-listed conditions not being satisfied, a $75 trip charge will be assessed.
- The homeowner is responsible for complying with the above-listed conditions. The homeowner shall indemnify and hold harmless CPW, its owners, agents, and employees, from and against claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from the negligent actions or omissions of the homeowner, its agents, family members, and other occupants, including but not limited to failing to comply with the above-listed conditions.
- CPW is not responsible for damages due to improperly installed siding, loose shingles or siding, improperly sealed windows, wood rot, defective construction, loose or improperly installed gutters and leaders, improper caulking, or loose mortar that may dislodge during cleaning. The homeowner assumes all the risks and takes responsibility for any damage that occurs due to improper maintenance and pre-existing conditions.
- Our pricing is also based on square footage and other information provided by customer. There may be times where factors such as excess square footage, heavy soiling, mineral deposits, weak or fragile landscaping, extra ladder work, unusually large porches, worn out screens and gutters, or anything else not incorporated into a sight-unseen bid affect the price of the bid quoted. If that is the case, we will notify the customer upon arrival but before beginning the work and indicate the reasons for the increased price.
- Unless otherwise requested and quoted, our standard power washing service package does not include cleaning decks, roofs, concrete, or fences, and detached buildings such as garages, carports and sheds are not considered part of the house and are not included. However, the front porch is included in all standard service packages.
- Our soft wash process kills the organic matter on your home, but it will not remove stains or oxidation. Rust removal, oil stain removal, red clay stain removal, and artillery fungus are all additional, specialty removal services that not included with our soft wash process.
- We require a 48-hour advanced notice of any cancellations, rescheduling, or changes in the scope of work you have requested.
- Upon completion of services, the homeowner will be asked to walk around the home with a CPW team member to inspect the premises and sign an invoice noting that the services requested were completed on that date. Payment is due in full at that time. If payment is not received at that time, a $75 late fee will be added to the final invoice.
Last updated on November 6, 2017